I want to know why the weather is given as 40% chance of rain instead of 60% chance of sun? Mostly we got the sun. And oh it made me happy...
Most of my spring cleaning happened in the garden today(had the day off from work)! Weeding and digging and pruning. I harvested a handful of lettuce that reseeded last fall and is just now starting to grow. I was experimenting to see if I could save lettuce seed. I'm not actually sure where that lettuce seed is at the moment, but what reseeded in the garden did beautifully.
I also did some spring cleaning in the pantry. I pretty much made this up but it is loosely based on the rhubarb chutney recipe in Small Batch Preserving by Ellie Topp and Margaret Howard. It has dried cherries, dried prunes, dried apricots, apple cider vinegar, red onion, rhubarb (from the freezer, my plant is almost ready to start harvesting from) and a bit of sugar.
Also did some closet organizing whenever the clouds sailed over and covered up the sun. This once was the leg on a pair of pants. Now it's the latest thing from the indigo vat...and yes there is a spot of dirt on the fabric.