I might be revisiting my alphabet challenge here...this post brought to you by the letter "p."
Random thoughts, some I am surely revisiting:
- Process is best when it involves play.
- Cooking, knitting and hand-stitching are equally about process and purpose for me. Stitching by machine is mostly about purpose.
- Perfection in process is not something I enjoy.
- I'm not very interested in products, but am very interested in purpose.
- This blanket is a giant prayer flag, or maybe a cloth hug.
Fabric leftovers from nine different articles of clothing I made for myself, from other quilts, one piece a gift from a friend, and fabric from my grandfather's work shirts. Originally I was going to make a quilt of pieced squares using the shirt fabric + scraps from my collection. It's been in process for a long time and I decided enough of that, time to do something with it.
The quilt square is called "Peace and Plenty." I chose it partly because they seem appropriate when I remember my grandfather. He was, among other things, a gardener and a musician. Somehow these things go together in my mind.
I wonder how long it will take for Lola to nest in it?